Monday, October 17, 2011

Research Summary


So far most of my sources have helped support my claim one way or another. I have a lot of information from both primary and secondary sources about how some recycling programs (like those of aluminum, glass, and newspaper) are cost effective and how others are not (like those of steel and plastic). A couple of my sources also give statistics and numbers on the cost effectiveness of certain programs, which helps to solidify my argument. Some of my sources also have given me possible counterarguments to include in my essay. While I still should research a bit more about these counterarguments I have most of what I should say about them in order to make my opinion stronger and more valid. I still need to create an outline and to find a few more academic sources that completely back my claim, but many of the sources I have already found have been really helpful. While I still think my thesis needs some work, here is what I have so far: The cost effectiveness of recycling sometimes outweighs the environmental benefits it provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment